From Inception to Completion
Set a realistic timeframe for your project, and discuss the key activities with your Architect/Structural Engineer.
Crete’s bureaucracy can be complex and frustrating, so don’t set unrealistic deadlines.
The Project Programme will depend on a number of factors, including:
- the availability of finance (which often depends on the sale of an existing asset),
- the status of the Title Deed of the land or property (this will be checked by your Lawyer to ensure inter alia that the (1) the Vendor is entitled to sell, (2) all associated taxes have been paid, (3) the land or property is unencumbered and (4) the appropriate Planning and Building Control permissions are all in place.
As a general rule, allow:
- 3 months to purchase,
- 2 months for Town Planning,
- 3 months for Building Permission, and
- 6 – 9 months for construction (this will clearly depend on the size and complexity of the project)