BUILDING COSTS IN CRETE
What are current build costs in Crete?
This is always potentially dangerous territory, but as a guide of construction only costs:
Reinforced concrete framed ‘new build’ with insulated and rendered external brick walls
New build costs are between €1,250 to €1,650m2
Ruin, in need of total renovation
It is almost impossible to give guide figures for the cost of renovating traditionally built stone houses, as factors affecting costs include:
- the condition of the existing structure,
- retention of existing features (stone arches, stone door and window jambs),
- the extent of alteration works required,
- requirement for additional floor area,
- whether or not the structure is ‘Protected’ by the Archaeological Department
Cost of renovation €1,000m2
The above 'Guide Rates' exclude Local Authority charges, Professional Fees, Building Permits and IKA.