When deciding on whom to request a competitive estimate from, the safest, but by no means guaranteed approach, is to:
- use a local Cretan builder,
- ask your Architect/Engineer for their recommendations,
- ask your Estate Agent if the building company with which they ‘co-operate’ would be willing to submit a competitive estimate,
- get recommendations from local ‘ex-pats’ you can trust,
- obtain references from builder’s previous Clients, and preferably visit a property completed by them some years ago
Don’t’ rely, but equally don’t totally ignore, the Internet; reviews from ‘previous Clients’ can be misleading.